what is this rotavator, please?

Home Forums General Help and information what is this rotavator, please?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi,

i have just joined VHGMC. i have a Merry Tiller rotavator, which i am finishing off restoring. I have another rotavator, which i would like to identify and maybe restore. can anyone tell me what it is, how easy will it be to restore and spares availability? there aren’t any easily found labels on it.

sorry about the quality of the pictures, but it is a cold miserable day here. i can take some better ones if required.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Welcome to the club, I have just posted your new member pack, hopefully it will arrive before Christmas.
    Easy part to identify is the engine which is a Briggs and Stratton, so spares should not be a problem. Will have to have a think about make of rotavator, possibly Mountfield, going to have a look through galleries page of this website for ideas.

charlie
    Keymaster

Fairly sure it is a Mountfield M1, the same questions was asked back in 2009 on the clubs old website, see link

wristpin
    Participant

Yes, it is an early M1 with the sliding engine to engage and disengage the belts. Later ones had a fixed engine with a cable controlled jockey pulley to do that function.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks. i will get in my shed, spray some plus gas on various parts and after xmas start dismantling it.

charlie
    Keymaster

Keep us posted on progress.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.