westwood s1300

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines westwood s1300

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi I have a westwood s1300 garden tractor with a duff magnetic clutch has anybody repaired one of these ? Thanks Davey.

vhgmcbuddy

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Look at your pto clutch, if it has three self locking nuts and three springs, it can be adjusted to bring the armature closer to the magnet. This makes it easier for the magnetic to pull. The clearance should be about .025in. between the two parts. Here is an adjustable unit. Yours may or may not be adjustable. You never know what kind of pto they put on. Let me know.
    Hello found this regarding your clutch,if it’s adjustable it might be worth a try.

stuart
    Participant

Basically all the clutch is is an electro magnet which when energised pulls the clutch in.First you need to establish if you have power going down to it.If no power check the switch,fuses and the PCB.Also check the seat safety switch (you can temporarily bypass this by just bridging the two wires).If you do have power down to the clutch then check the continuity of the coil (note….some electric clutches have a diode in the wiring where the socket is) but I suspect if its not working a new clutch assembly is required.

vhgmcbuddy

many thanks for the answers I am away from home for the next 4/5 weeks but on my return will strip it off the machine and have a good look. the part No. is 7259 and is still available but is not a returnable once purchased though it would be a spare.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.