unknown rotavator

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pete0250
    Participant

Hi all, would like to identify this machine. It was sold by George Webb of Willingham in, I believe, the late 70’s early 80’s

Attachments:
    alan
    Participant

I’ve looked through the archive and unfortunately haven’t seen anything that resembles your tiller.

Being very vague and probably incorrect, but based on the colour the only thing that sort of springs to mind is an early Alko tiller.

Has anyone else got any ideas?

pete0250
    Participant

update, these might be better photos

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Pete I can confirm your mystery machine is a Monro Minor or Crunchtiller, the yellow colour and traces of transfer confirm it is a later machine from Mechanised Gardening,Great Gransden, Cambridgeshire; they ceased trading a good few years ago now. The second photo shows the part number MM1 ie Monro Minor 1, most parts for the Monro Minor had similar numbers.I know from the time I have spent helping catalogue them most drawings for parts are held at MERL.

stuart
    Participant

I know the engine is the excellent Italian made Aspera 4 stroke.Im sure they had a cast iron / sleeved cylinder bore and proper valve guides fitted.

pete0250
    Participant

Thanks for that chaps, very interesting. Would the Munro be George Munro who made the Munrotillers? My father was a sign writer who used to do some work for George Munro when we lived in Waltham Cross, a few hundred yards from Munro’s works.

charlie
    Keymaster

Yes the same Geo Monro of Station Approach, Waltham Cross. I have two Monro Minors which are earlier models with the Villiers 7F vertical crank 2 stroke engines.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.