The good life rotovator

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines The good life rotovator

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi all,

I’ve just began clearing the undergrowth behind the barn in the house we recently moved into, and I’ve come across what looks like the rotorvator from the good life! Does any one have any info on these machine are they worth keeping/fixing and whats it like getting bits for? I’ll upload some photos but it’s been sitting outdoors for at least 3 years so it’s going to need a fair bit of work! I’ve also found a little ride on Allen National triple are these worth anything or would someone on here offer it a good home?

stuart
    Participant

The Howard Gem rotavator as seen on the The Good Life was a series V machine with a Kohler K341T petrol engine.I would guess that particular Gem was a very late 1960,s / early 1970,s model as it looked a bit beat up even when The Good Life was first aired in 1975.
    Definitely worth keeping and using unless its totally worn out in which case it will cost £££,s to put right !.Spare parts availability is very good so you should have few problems in that area.Now lets see some pics :):).

vhgmcbuddy

The gem used in the good life was a late 1960’s series V as Stuart said. The engine was actually a k301T Kohler. I have heard rumours to the actual machines location but never any proof. If you want any information please see my website http://www.howardgem.webs.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.