SIMAR 56 plough

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    charlie
    Keymaster

In response to a question elsewhere on forum pages, illustration from sales leaflet showing the plough attachment for model 56.

Attachments:
    roatavator
    Participant

Thanks Charlie. Hitch and plough of my machine are not like that, so presumably not a genuine SIMAR item.

andyfrost
    Participant

Peter , I’ve seen three Simar ploughs , and they have all been like yours. I suspect it was more Monro , rather than actual Simar , as the plough is practically identical to the ones used on Rowtracs.
    The pic Charlie has kindly put up , is the only one I,ve seen with that type of hitch.

Andy.

rollomk6
    Participant

Hi Andy Here are some pictures of my Simar 56 with the plough and hitch as per Charlie.s picture, a photo of the back of a Simar appears in Brian Bell original brown book which also shows this hitch

John

rollomk6
    Participant

Sorry picture to big so have resized hopefully now it will be ok

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

It would appear there are at least two different ploughs and hitches. The use of a Rowtrac design sounds logical. The plough attachment for mine is buried in the shed so not easy to get a photo to compare.

roatavator
    Participant

Sorry gents, I must have been asleep the last couple of days. My hitch is like your photo, John. The plough is also similar. Andy, you’ll be pleased to hear I tried the plough floating and the results were quite good for a complete novice. Seems best fixed for opening then floating after first four passes. She went like a dream at North Elmham. Hopefully next out at Roydon 24th February, then Cawston March 3. Hope to see you there or maybe Stanfield?
    Peter

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.