Restoring a Westwood Gazelle – armature / coil query

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Restoring a Westwood Gazelle – armature / coil query

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi, I’m considering restoring a Westwood Gazelle that has been given to me. It’s in a pretty sorry state bit seems to be mechanically all there. The deck is shot but I want it as a garden tractor rather than mower as I have a much newer Countax for the garden.

I’ve got to the stage of attempting to run it and there is no spark at all. The armature was pretty rusted and I’m suspecting that. Magnets seem fine in the flywheel.

Trouble I’m having is identifying a part number for a replacement. Spent hours googling to no avail. I think it’s a W11. It’s definitely 11 HP Briggs and Stratton. The pedal set up and seat suspension look a bit different from other models I’ve have seen but may be just production time changes.

Google seems to suggest it’s a Briggs 2084? Maybe not.. I’m struggling! If anyone could give me an ID or even a part number that would be amazing!

Will try and add pics to this post to show.

Thanks in advance!

Greg

vhgmcbuddy

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

….

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

……..

Attachments:
    stuart
    Participant

To get the correct engine parts you need the MODEL,TYPE and CODE numbers which are stamped on the tin cowling.From your last photo you have already removed this cowling so look closely at the front of it and you should see the numbers stamped there.I think the model number for an 11hp Briggs starts with 25####

vhgmcbuddy

The cowling is rusted away, I can’t see any numbers at all 😔

stuart
    Participant

OK i will find out what the part number is for you within the next day or so.

vhgmcbuddy

Ahh that would be brilliant. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.