project HOLDER AGAIN

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects project HOLDER AGAIN

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

again

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

making new footplates

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Good to see the big green beastie on here !!

vhgmcbuddy

well the next bit to tackle is the front panel and grill again its knackerd

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

after taking the tank out i was left with a big hole so have made a tempory plate to stop any sh*t geting in

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

well my boy and i decided that today we would sort the brakes out that were sticking on and replace the seals behind the drums, big mistake! the drums just would not come off we tryed every thing including heat, so after four hours we took drastic action we drilled two holes in each drum then tapped a thread in each and inserted two 10mm bolts into these hoping by doing them up it would push the hub off but there was still no movement then we tryed a puller connected to these bolts hey presto 7 hours later i now have good brakes all round and no leaks

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

done a little bit more

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

bit more

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

i had a fight taking the steering wheel off i had to use heat, once the blue tape was removed you could see the extent of the damage i will use the simar kids suggestion of the way to repair this

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

got the wheels painted today i left the old tyres on cos i need to get the chassis movable again and i want the paint to harden off i will probaly give them another coat just before i fit the new tyres

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

new tyres on, and a few more bits done

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

did a bit more today this is the front chassis rail it bolts to the engine and holds the front cowling /rad etc, it had in its time got very bent and had been welded many times so it could not be straitened so this is how i solved the problem

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

looking good nigel, if you spent more time on it instead of on here it would have been finished by now. was going to put a smily face on but cant find it

vhgmcbuddy

ah-ha

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

The ol Holder is looking good dude, Your soon have it finished.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.