Newark

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    chap
    Participant

I have not herd much chatter about Newark tractor show is anyone going this year or will I be on my own?

trusty220
    Keymaster

Don’t worry, Sam, you won’t be on your own. In fact it looks like Crocker Hall 2 will be pretty crammed with horticultural products- at least it looked that way when I saw the entry list last week- and the club stand will be in the usual place in the corner with a small seating area (and pork pie!).
    I will be putting up the stand on Friday ready for Steve Woollas to put his hand tools on it so that hopefully everything will be finished by four o’clock on the Friday afternoon.
    Please use the club stand as a meeting point if you need to see anyone, and please don’t be shy to come over and introduce yourself if you are at the show. It is an ideal opportunity to come and have a chat with other club members and committee, share your ideas for the future of the club and just have a chat.
    Please come along!

dave
    Participant

See you all there on Sunday. Dave.

trustymasseyman
    Participant

I will be going all week end, judging on Saturday, I do not class pork pie as bribery so bring it on Geoff

stevewoollas
    Participant

I confirm the attendance of myself and Drew Boy who is bringing his Barford Atom. We also have a few new items for the club display which have not been to Newark before.
    You won’t be lonely Sam.

martin-ellison
    Participant

martin from darlington, i”ll be there, bringing 5x unrestored vintage atco lawnmowers, first time showing at newark, visited before, looking forwrd to meeting everybody, must remember to pack heater for tent, see you all there,

will-haggle
    Participant

I’m going, see you there, Sam….

trusty220
    Keymaster

Here’s a picture of last year’s stand. It changes slightly every year depending on how creative we feel, but the general opinion last time was that this was the best display we had put on to date.
    Well done Steve!

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

D/o you have a supply of new membership forms ie with new membership rates £15 single etc and correct address, Benita and Charlie, copies canbe downloaded from website.

vhgmcbuddy

We will be there on Sunday, visiting only this year, hope to see some of you there !!

vhgmcbuddy

hi all. I will be going,and will arrive on fri evening and hope to stop the length of the show all being well.A good time to catch up with members and ketchup some growler.

trusty220
    Keymaster

I will be there from about 11 am to set up the stand with Steve. All loaded up and two Gala pork pies for the weekend- there’s nothing worse than to run out on the Saturday night!
    I hope to see you all over the next three days, although the weather forecast looks a bit grim; you may want to put a bag over your feet, John, if they still stick out of the back of the van when you’re asleep!

trustymasseyman
    Participant

I plan to come up tomorrow too see you there

trusty220
    Keymaster

Well, it’s all over now for another year. What a great time we all had, just a pity that I’ve got to go to work Monday morning! My throat’s sore from talking to so many people so I intend to go back to work for a rest!
    Here are some pictures for you if you couldn’t make it.
    Prizes were awarded as follows:-
    the VHGMC Silver Platter for Members’ Best Horticultural Machine won by Richard Newbould with his fully restored Huffy mower;
    the Jim Wakefield Shield, which is awarded to the best machine in the Featured Horticultural Exhibition, was awarded to Pete Lyon for his very original Colwood Motorhoe.
    I would like to say thank you to all members who attended (I’m sorry that I can’t speak to you all) and an extra large vote of thanks to the organisers who put on an extremely good show yet again.
    John Eyres was our steward in Hall 2 and did a very good job of keeping everything in order without being heavy handed, a very difficult job to achieve, even when Steve (The Gnome) Woollas managed to turn off the gas supply to the space heaters! Despite everybody complaining he and his mate got it all going again, then laid the blame on Ivan!!!
    Then again, that’s Steve for you!
    See you all at Tractor World.

Attachments:
    trusty220
    Keymaster

A few more pictures.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.