New old toys

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    carlharper
    Participant

Hi all done a swap with fellow club member.
    My trusty tractor has gone now got a simar 35 number is 350884. Some work has been done in past like new side panals and tyne cover engine do run. Two missing parts are wood shavings and pot and depth rod . 2nd is a farmers boy minor rotavator got off ebay for £20 with villiers 2 stoke engine just nissing fuel tank . My aim is to get running and show

charlie
    Keymaster

Carl SIMAR 35 s/n 350884 was delivered on 12-3-56 to Enfield Highway Co-op Society Ltd, 112 Ordnance Rd, Enfield; details taken from factory records which I am custodian of. Do you have operators manual and parts list for the 35? If not I can supply copy via e mail, drop me a personal message if you need them. The wood shavings are the thin ones used as packing material for plants etc. When you say pot, which part do you mean?

carlharper
    Participant

Hi charlie i did download instruction book .
    Have had engine running don’t start till i put some oil around piston carb overflowing
    Not been used for long time. Do wood shavings
    Hang in tube? Will try out on allotnent soon.

charlie
    Keymaster

Before starting have you opened drain cock on bottom of crank case to drain off excess fuel/oil, remember to close it again before starting. The shavings hang on the insert that goes in the intake tube see page 8 of the manual which shows how air intake is assembled.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.