need help for Model of Merry Tiller rotovator

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines need help for Model of Merry Tiller rotovator

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi all,

I’m newbies and wish you all the best….

I was given a Merry Tiller rotovator and don’t know the model (all labels are worn). I need parts for it and need the model, all information I have are :
    PAT NO 714394
    SER NO TMT101173
    Engine is a Briggs & Stratton 5HP 130232 code 75051210 (12th of May 1975).
    I think it’s a TITAN, but not sure, it’s very difficult to find model on the web only with picture…. Can someone of you help me please? Thanks

vhgmcbuddy

Hello and welcome. If you Google Briggs and Stratton 5hp Model Series 130200 engine parts. Then scroll down and click on the PDF B&S parts. Hopes this helps with engine parts.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks a lot Owen, very interresting for the engine. But I search the model of the rotovator.
    I think it’s a Merry Tiller Titan or Merry Tiller major, these rotovators were manufactured by Wolseley. If you know where I can find these information you’re welcome.

vhgmcbuddy

Your welcome, I have a major model it’s probably younger than yours. Will have a look at the numbers tomorrow, if you could put a photo on here it would help with identification. That was nice to have it as a gift.

dorigny
    Participant

I wonder if Richard at http://www.merrytiller.co.uk may be able to assist. He has been amassing knowledge over the last few years with regard Merry Tiller and as you will see he lists some applicable spare parts.

Clive.

will-haggle
    Participant

I think there’s a clue in the Wolseley number, TMT is a Titan if I’m not mistaken..

stuart
    Participant

A 5hp Wolseley Merry Tiller from 1975 will either be the standard Titan model or the Titan GT (Gear Transmission) model.Both models have a double V-pulley on the engine and on the transmission / chain case.This gives 2 forward speeds (High and Low ratio) on the standard Titan model and 4 speeds plus a reverse on the GT model as this one also has 2 speeds in the transmission.
    I have a folder full of MT owners manuals and parts lists but many genuine parts are NLA / Obsolete.
    The Titan GT was also available with a 7hp Briggs and Stratton engine.

vhgmcbuddy

I will put tomorrow a photo

vhgmcbuddy

Hi dorigny, I know this site, but before buy a parts, i would be sure that is the good parts for the good model.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi will-haggle, I think so also, but…

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Stuart, from your indication, I have a standard Titan model. It has only 2 forward speeds without reverse. Can you share your folder with me?

vhgmcbuddy

Hi owen, please find photos of my Merry Tiller.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

This manual seems to be your Merry Tiller,
    I have removed the link to avoid any more confusion.
    If the link won’t work you might have to copy and paste.

vhgmcbuddy

The link don’t work even if I copy it in my browser. it seems to be missing something between rotovator/…/merry.

vhgmcbuddy

Sorry for that try, http://www.allotment-garden.org you can download it from there I hope. Free.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.