Monro S3

Home Forums General Help and information Monro S3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I have just acquired what turns out to be a Monro Tiller Mower S3, the machine number is 932782. It is powered by a Villiers M15 number 363B424872 or it will be. The previous keeper said that the magneto was duff in someway and they got it to run by jury rigging a battery to it and they say it ran well.
    I know it has stood for at least 15 years and considering that it seems to have retained some of its oil although a lot is on the outside of the casings so I am guessing there is a need of some new seals.
    It will be a while before this gets to the top of the list for fettling but I will start to gather information and/or useful bits.

So does anyone know where I might get a workshop manual or even operators instructions for it? What colour was it originally it appears to be a metallic blue or green with red hubs but the cutter bar is a plainer green.
    Finally it needs at least one tyre. I know the 300 x 6 are obsolete but would 350 x 6 fit?

Thanks

Andy

charlie
    Keymaster

Andy,welcome to the forum.
    Machine s/n 932782 was despatched on 5-1-59 and delivered on 31-3-59 to A B Lowcook, Strathdean, Wilmslow Rd, Woodford, Cheshire; details from factory records. Drop me a pm with your e mail address and I can send an owners manual with parts list, there isn’t a workshop manual. The larger tyres will probably foul the reverse gear casing on the l/h side of the machine, OK if wheels are on wide setting but not good if on narrow setting. The original colour is an odd metalic hammerite sort of blue green. If you google Monro Tiller you should find my website which has photos of some of the machines in my collection and information about each model.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.