In-line fuel filter

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion In-line fuel filter

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi All, Anyone know where I can source an in-line fuel filter with 4mm barbs for a gravity fed Villiers S10 carb? Not sure what grade filter would be best as I guess pressure fed systems can be finer meshed / harder packed but would restrict flow on a gravity one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Mick

wristpin
    Participant

Re your other “phantom post” – have you sorted the kick start issue. Probably just a stuck ratchet gear.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uxpmk9x71kl2e01/Villiers%20kick%20start%20ratchet.doc?dl=0

charlie
    Keymaster

There should be a filter gauze in the banjo connecting fuel line to carburettor, see photo for example which I found by doing a search using google.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi Wristpin,
    Thanks for the reply. Nothing was engaging so I took the engine off and removed the engine coupling assembly. When I took the 2 gears off (A889 A890) the grub screws in the engine coupling must have been slightly loose allowing the locking bar (R332) to slip towards the clutch assembly and the gears to spin free. All I had to do was tap the bar back, refit the parts and cramp down the grub screws nice and tight and the kick start engaged as it should. So not as big a problem as I thought if something had worn out or broken. Cheers, Mick

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Charlie, Thanks for the reply. I’d seen there should be a gauze filter in the banjo but it was missing. Probably lost somewhere along the line by the previous owner(s) over the last 59 years and just been run without it.
    Remarkably, no grot present but I thought I’d replace with an original but I can’t find one on-line (Mr Google failed on this occasion) so thought the next best option was an in-line one to prevent grot getting anywhere near the carb while I try sourcing the proper part. So still asking and still looking for something suitable for a gravity feed. Cheers, Mick

andyfrost
    Participant

Charlies pic is not the gauze filter for the S10 carb , it has a much smaller one , try Paul Childs at Meetens , he should be able to sort the correct one for you.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Andy, Thanks for the reply & advice. Will try Meetens. Cheers, Mick

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.