Howard Gem With J.A.P Engine AMAL 225/3 Carburettor ,

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Howard Gem With J.A.P Engine AMAL 225/3 Carburettor ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi iv’e just joined looks like a wealth of knowledge in this club, iv’e just purchased a vintage Howard gem with a J.A.P. 600 cc side valve fitted to it . i love the old side valve engines , it was seized when i had it but iv’e managed to release it with a little effort the bore seems to be fine with no scoring i gave it a de coke while i had the cylinder head off also removed and cleaned the point’s, i got it to run with a little petrol in the plug hole. I’m looking for a carburettor for it it has an AMAL 225/3 fitted to it but the main jet holder has broken off in the body of the carburettor ! . i’m wondering if any of the members on here could help with a carburettor or parts or an alternative carb i could fit to it thank’s .

P.S Thank you Alan for pointing me to the Forum.

Kind Regards Gareth.

andyfrost
    Participant

A warm welcome Gareth , I’m sure some of the Howard lads will read this and reply , seconhand carbs often appear on the well known auction site , so all is far from lost.
    Good luck with your project.

Andy.

ransomes256
    Participant

Gareth,
    Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search. In the meantime I have manufactured a replacement jet holder for your carburettor and it is ready for you. DC is aware.
    Neil Jarrett

vhgmcbuddy

Thank’s Neil see you Wednesday .

vhgmcbuddy

Thank you Andy one of the members has manufactured a new Jet holder for me but would still like to get my hands on a spare carb and anything related to the J.A.P engine .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.