Howard Bantam trailer

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Howard Bantam trailer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I’m sure somewhere I’ve seen a Howard leaflet showing a trailer for a Bantam. The rotor unit removed and a tow hitch fitted, which then had the trailer attached. Does anyone have any photos of this or am I imagining it!!

Thanks

charlie
    Keymaster

The instruction and parts book I have for Bantam attachments does not show a trailer. It may have been a non Howard item ?

vhgmcbuddy

It could well have been a non-Howard item

irc
    Participant

Howard clifford 700 has trailer attachment & I have seen brochure advertised on eBay for this unit. I used original on road with larger wheels for speed to transport rotovator and bucket attachment plus bulldozer blade for landscaping in late 60’s. I will look and see if I can send you brochure details. Ian😎

vhgmcbuddy

I came across a Howard price list I have earlier, and listed as an approved attachment for the Bantam is a trailer built by James and Stone

vhgmcbuddy

I found the copy of the leaflet for the Howard-Clifford 700 trailer on ebay. The same seller is also listing a copy of the 700 brochure, which I see states that the 700 can “be licensed for roadwork and will readily haul trailers up to 15 cwt at speeds up to 15 mph”

vhgmcbuddy

Howard 350 certainly had a trailer made by James and Stone who were boat builders in Kent so may be the Bantam used the same trailer . Strange coupling though it fits onto the plough hitch,and utilises a hitch block so the trailer can pivot and has a swan neck to come over the rotors . This in effect tilts the machine forward so the rotots clear the ground . Rather in the same manner as if you were walking the machine to a site

I have been after one for years They are about and yes they were marketed as a howard accessory certainly for the 300/350 range

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.