Howard 200

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sidevalve44
    Participant

I’ve just purchased a Howard 200 from a local club member at the LVMS Spring Show. It has a Kohler K91T Engine that needs a little bit of work but, is otherwise in fairly good condition.

I’ve ordered some spares from Meetens and Kohler parts seem to be generally easy to get hold of. However, can anyone recommend a good source of parts for Howards generally. I found one source on line (howard-rotavator spares.com) and sent them an email but, so far have not received a reply.

Also, although I have no intention of “restoring” it can anyone suggest a close match to the Howard Orange paint so I can touch it up where needed. Halfords stock 3 Oranges that seem close.

hortiman
    Participant

Hello sidevalve.
    You could be lucky and find Howard parts still from Standen Engineering, Ely, Cambs. they took on a lot of Howard Spares when Howard/Dowdeswell ceased trading. Or Chester Hudson- tillerparts .com
    you are more likely to have to source secondhand parts from a redundant machine.

Most agricultural machinery suppliers carry stocks of ‘Howard Orange’ available off the shelf, this is usually good quality enamel paint.
    Chris

sidevalve44
    Participant

Thanks Chris. I did an on-line search and have just obtained a 1 litre tin from Agriline.

I will make a note of the other contacts and give them a try. Did have a look at Chester Hudson but couldn’t find any 200 series parts. Might still contact him just in-case.

hortiman
    Participant

Hello again sidevalve.
    I am not sure what you are needing in the way of parts, there is an outside chance I may be able to help, if i knew what you are looking for.
    Chris

sidevalve44
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Thanks, at the moment, the one thing I could really do with is an extra pair of rotor tines. Mine only has two per rotor at present and I would prefer it to have three. Other than that, I am just fishing around to see where I can get parts should I need them.

Robert.

vhgmcbuddy

You could try ” Hamerite ” Red and Yellow mixed together

Thanks Myosotis

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.