how to fit a plough to Merry Tiller Titan

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines how to fit a plough to Merry Tiller Titan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Can some Kind Soul who has a Merry Tiller Leaflet, showing the Fixing details of the Plough to a Merry Tiller Titan, please let me have a copy? I have a plough that I adapted to my current SPARTAN model, but I now have the TITAN model with the short Hitch (With the round hole) not sure how they fixed the plough?. Thanks Plonker

will-haggle
    Participant

I haven’t got full details but the parts list shows a pin and mounting bracket…..

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Thank you for that Alan, Interesting to see that it was only available for the TITAN not the Major, so not made for the long hitch, I will have a play around and see what I can do, the Plough I have, Is the slatted mouldboard type, which I think is from a Landmaster, Funny, but Two of them have just appeared on that well known Auction site!. Regards Plonker

charlie
    Keymaster

Alan, I knew those books would come in handy.

will-haggle
    Participant

Yes, Charlie, I shall be scanning a few more pages! Plonker, the Major was too fast for ploughing but there was a plough made for it by F.Wright of Holbeach, Lincs…

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

To follow on, There is a threaded hole at the back of the hitch, and I have seen the screw and clamp in the parts list, is this to clamp round section tool in the round hole that is not on the later “Long” hitch? There is no mention of it,s use in the instruction book for the merry tiller.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.