Help with Wheelhorse Briggs and Stratton engine

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Help with Wheelhorse Briggs and Stratton engine

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I now have a Wheelhorse B165 tractor fitted with the Briggs and Stratton Twin Cylinder engine of 16 HP the engine has the model no 40 707 type 0130-05 code 821206-12 the EXHAUST is shot and when running it today bits fell off the exhaust and the noise is deafening! Question… Can some expert tell me where I can get a replacement exhaust? or does anyone know what the part no is? ALSO Problem 2…It seems to start and runs fine, then dies back and cuts out, if you screw out the mixture control screw it increases the revs and seems to run fine for about 10 mins, then dies back again, adjusting the mixture control gets it back to proper running, but only for 5 or 10 mins… any Ideas??

hitchinsm
    Participant

Send me the measurements and a picture, I keep all the standard ones in stock.

vhgmcbuddy

Found parts list if its any help.

Attachments:
    hitchinsm
    Participant

I need the measurements, from the picture it is obviously a twin cylinder. I keep all the parts to make all the different variations up, they usually work out between £40 to £50 worst case.

Regards Mike

vhgmcbuddy

Thank you for your replies, and for the download of the parts list, very helpful, Hitchinsm thank you for the offer to make up an exhaust, the tractor is at my sons house, I will get him to photo the exhaust, what measurements do you want?

hitchinsm
    Participant

I need all of them or the old silencer to work from, you cannot take a guess at the measurements.

To put this into context. I have wasted hundreds of hours buying in and modifying exhaust silencers. I have now sourced all the mild steel parts which are laser cut to put them together myself in 4″, 5″ and 6″ dia round silencer box. I then bend, cut and put whatever size and length inlet and outlet pipes you need in and TIG weld the whole thing together. I actually had a company that had a go at doing it for us but they could not cope with all the variations and apart from that the welding was crap.

Regards Mike

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.