hayter harrier 56 varispeed

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines hayter harrier 56 varispeed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

hi has anyone changed the belt from varispeed pulley to gearbox

wristpin
    Participant

Yes, I’ve got one on the bench at the moment!!!
    It’s a bit of a fiddle getting the belt on off and on to the trans pulley but can be done without any major dismantling.
    What do you need to know?
    Should add that depending on the model of 56 the trans belts may be 2 x 411024 or 1x 411024 and 1x 111-1254. so checking the part numbers against the model number – for example 560F – is wise.

Where the white pencil is on the images is a deep recess in the trans casing with a hex head screw in the bottom. Undo and remove that screw (hence the tweezers) and it allows just enough rock in the trans to make fiddling the belt in or out easier.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi Wristpin was it necessary to remove varispeed assemble and after fitting belt should the nut you showed with the pencil be fully tightened as I saw a video of an American front wheel drive mower that allowed the gearbox to pivot in use .Regards Peter

wristpin
    Participant

Take the variator off complete with its bracket (that way you don’t have to prise the toothed retainer off) assemble the belts onto it and to the trans and crank pulleys and then replace the bracket pivot bolt and spacer etc.
    The trans holding bolt goes back in tight. The front wheel drive assemblies that you refer to either pivot to de-clutch or is under spring tension to keep the belt tight.
    The machine that I was working on was suffering from a weak drive and as well as the belts being worn there was considerable wear on the crankshaft pulley – approximately £50+vat for a new one.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Wristpin Did as you said and all done in 30 mins many thanks Peter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.