Bristol tracked tractors

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Bristol tracked tractors

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I have two Bristol 20’s and a Bristol 10 in Johannesburg, South Africa.

It seems to be rather difficult to get in touch with anybody in the UK who knows about these machines and may have some spares.

Can anybody help?

ransomes256
    Participant

Hi,
    Have you tried these?

http://www.silverfoxtractorspares.com

home.hccnet.nl/m.hooijberg/bristol.html

Neil

charlie
    Keymaster

Well worth contacting Stuart see following for details.
    http://home.hccnet.nl/m.hooijberg/bristol.html

vhgmcbuddy

I sent off this email to ‘JWS8408@aol.com’, complete with pics but it was returned! Could you please help with another email address?

Hi there

I cannot remember contacting you previously.

I live in Johannesburg, South Africa.

I have a totally stripped Bristol 10 and two Bristol 20’s. The one Bristol 20 is going but needs some work on the steering clutches. I recently send the magneto/distributor to a guy in Northern Ireland. He successfully refurbished it and it arrived back about two weeks ago.

Bristol 20 up and going.

Bristol 10 parts that have been sand-blasted, primed and sprayed.

Bristol drive plates. The rollers were all shot so I machined and replaced all the rollers &
    nuts & bolts for these drive plates – front and back.

The other Bristol 20 is basically complete but the restoration is going very slowly. There are a lot of pieces missing from the exterior of the engine. I have done a lot of work on the bodywork and the front grille.

Two new Bristol 20 aluminium plates were made from the one remaining sample.

New Bristol 20 bonnet.

One of the reasons for the slow pace on the Bristols is that I am also restoring a Caterpillar Twenty Two tracked tractor. Some time ago I restored a Caterpillar No.1 Terracer tow behind grader. The Cat 22 is a similar period tracked-tractor to pull this tow-behind grader. I have done a serious amount of work on this machine. So far I have done the tracks and completely restored the track tensioners. The radiator is now like brand new. I had to get a new magneto from the USA because somebody had attacked the original one with a big stone! … and so it has gone on and on and on.

Caterpillar No. 1 Terracer circa 1931

Caterpillar Twenty Two circa 1936.

Cat 22 completely re-built radiator with new core.

Do you know of anybody who would have some spares for the Bristols?

Regards

Keith Horwood
    Earth Civils
    +2782 564 8200

charlie
    Keymaster

I suggest you try telephoning, the e mail address may have changed or be incorrect.

vhgmcbuddy

Oki doki and thank you. I will try and call on Monday.

I also tried Silver Fox and got no response!

Surely there are more than just 2 or 3 people in the whole of the UK who have an interest in Bristols?

crawler
    Participant

Hello
    I have a Bristol 10 in my collection although it has not been run in quite a number of years.
    I can’t help much with info on the 20’s but there is a good book out there that covers the 10.
    It is called ‘The history of the Bristol Tractor 1932 to 1947’ by Geoffrey Stannard.
    ISBN 0 86332 820 2 Have a look on eBay or Amazon and you should find it.
    Have you any photos of your Bristols that you could post on here? It would be nice to see them.
    Rob

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.