Brand new 36 year old suffolk still on origional pallet

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Brand new 36 year old suffolk still on origional pallet

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

hello to all the members of this great site, i need your expert help, a customer of mine has a BRAND NEW 36 YEAR OLD 14” SUFFOLK SUPER PUNCH yes your read it correctly, it is on it’s original pallet as shipped from suffolk in 1979, the engine is wrapped in polythene, the grass box is wrapped in brown paper with a label on saying user manuel, fuel tank and tools enclosed, it has been wrapped and dry stored all these years and can only be described as brand new showroom condition now the question, has any one come across a similar one off mower and can any one help with a price as he now wants to sell it, many thanks Dave

vhgmcbuddy

If that was mine then I would give it to a museum!!

alan
    Participant

Hello Dave

Nice to hear about the Suffolk mower.

Occasionally unused or as-good-as-new machines and equipment turns up, it’s surprising what’s in sheds, garages and attics across the land. Last year I had a look at an immaculate and still boxed 1977 Qualcast Astronaut lawnmower with instructions and warranty card.

There are things about such as the unused tiller at Newark in 2012. I recall something like it had been stored in someones front room since new. Image attached.

Don’t forget that the value is only what someone is willing to pay.

Alan

http://vhgmc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Westwood-Tiller-Newark-2012.jpg

vhgmcbuddy

thanks alan i appriciate that but as it’s not mine i just need a decent price for my customer as there cannot be many left in new condition, and if it goes to someone that is going to use it that will be a shame but i suppose it will be used for the job it was made to do, i will take and upload some pics soon

regards Dave

trusty220
    Keymaster

I think that Alan is correct- because it is a “one-off” it is impossible to put a price on it. The only way to find out is to put it on the internet auction site and let people fight it out.

You could say that it’s worth £1,000 because you’ll never find another, but it is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

will-haggle
    Participant

You can advertise it in the Cultivator, use the form under Contacts and it will get to me, I’ll put it in the October edition. It’s free and you or the owner doesn’t need to be a member. I wonder if our nice Mr. Wallingfield would be interested, he collects mowers? 🙂

charlie
    Keymaster

Far too modern for Mr Wallingfield.

vhgmcbuddy

Thank you eveyone for your imput i think that alan and trusty220 are correct and also will- haggle i will take you up on your offer just need to get some pics off the owner

vhgmcbuddy

I maybe interested depending on price & where you are please

vhgmcbuddy

Hi finally got some pics of this new 36 year old 1979 suffolk

Dave

Attachments:
    stuart
    Participant

I do like that :):).Be a shame to use it.

vhgmcbuddy

hi just to let you all know that Clive Gravett who runs the Budding Foundation mower museum has purchased the suffolk so it will now go on display for people to admire and not used and lost forever thanks to every one for their input and at least it is a happy ending.

Dave

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.