BMB Cultmate

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects BMB Cultmate

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    bish
    Participant

I also managed to clean off and prime the plough , fuel tank and fuel tank bracket.

Attachments:
    bish
    Participant

This is the part I love when it all starts going back together. Sorry for the quality of the photos I’ll take some more in the daylight.

Attachments:
    bish
    Participant

Here’s another view of the chassis completed but in daylight. Today I’ve managed to get some zinc primer on the nuts and bolts and touch up where I’ve scratched the paint from reassembling her. I’ve finished re fitting all the chassis parts which were the 2 z shape brackets for the front grille, belt guide, toolbox and disc coulter for the plough. I finished up tonight getting the first coat of red paint on the insides of the bonnet and side panels and the second coat of red on the fuel tank brackets. I’ve finally received the last items I need to complete the restoration. A new fuel tap from villiers spares, an air filter from an auction site, John Bull cable ties from same auction site. Finally but by no means least a set of bonnet decals from Titch (machinerydecals) these really are stunning and after seeing his work on this site I’m really glad I went for them these will be the finishing touch.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Looking good, it is the small detail that makes the difference.

bish
    Participant

Thanks Charlie it’s the home straight now. I’ve painted the engine parts black and re assembled the engine and then fitted it to the chassis. I reassembled the fuel tank, this consisted of the new fuel tap and my freshly polished fuel cap. I don’t know why but polishing the fuel cap was an extremely satisfying task. The fuel tank assembly was then fitted to the chassis and then plumbed back up to the engine. I let the engine run for a while just to make sure it all still worked ok. After running the engine I checked to ensure the side panels still fitted correctly. All that’s left is finish top coat on side panels and fit them , attach new throttle cable , apply bonnet decals then touch up where paint had been scratched and then she’s all done ready for Tractorworld.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Looking forward to seeing it next weekend at Tractorworld.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.