Bad Weather Forcasted

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Bad Weather Forcasted

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Just been watching our local evening news and weather, is this going to be another bad winter ? Durham county council have blown there trumpet saying they have thousands of tons of salt more than last year,but they forgot to mention side roads {country roads will be the last to get treatment} not good news for country folk going to work or children going to school. must get the barford into commision

will-haggle
    Participant

Better get the MT ready….

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

I’m all set…

plough

vhgmcbuddy

Lets hope you don’t have to go out playing with your machines this year, other week they forecast the big blow and that wasn’t so bad.

vhgmcbuddy

Make sure you are legal as the Police stopped and checked us last Winter.

charlie
    Keymaster

The truth is they cannot forecast snow with any accuracy more than 1 or 2 days ahead. So all this annual hype in the press ‘worst winter for decades’ etc is just that.
    When they say bad winter it all depends on your own perspective, to me the last few winters have been better to good, ie we have had some snow. A nice change after years of bad winters, ie no snow. My fault for living in sunny Somerset I suppose.

vhgmcbuddy

Mark looks as if your going to clear Alaska with that beauty,this statement could be nearer the truth,as I should think where you live it can reach 6 to7 feet high when the winds up ! oh by the way mark what size settings are you downsizing to,as your photo look good this size ?

vhgmcbuddy

this is my machine working

Attachments:
    jim-beacon
    Participant

Suppose I’d better fit the snow ploughs to the Merry Tiller and the Allen Scythe then!

vhgmcbuddy

That’s positive thinking jim. the trouble with snow is when you are in bed it silently falls,strangley enough all the other weather actions you can hear. so its always a surprise when you get out of the bunk !!!!!

vhgmcbuddy

Where I live, snow sometimes comes in 24″ fall, and we get 8-10 drifts. We keep the garden tractors in the shed, and break out the big 200hp ones and blower units. I don’t mind little 8″ snows with the Gt, but im getting to old to play in the snow, all day for the big ones.

vhgmcbuddy

If Charlie lived where I do he wouldn’t be saying snow is good, lots of very steep hills coupled with roads that don’t see a gritter more than once a week! That’s the main reason I’ve kept my old subaru so long,but what started as a couple of patches for the mot has turned into a full restoration.
    A white christmas though would be nice as can happily stay in the house for a few days.

charlie
    Keymaster

I too have the advantage of driving a 4×4 (1957 Land Rover) so a good snow fall is great as it keeps all the cars off the road.

martin-ellison
    Participant

has anybody seen any snow all we have in darlington is cold and rain

vhgmcbuddy

yes ,have seen some . it was between Harrogate and skipton on wednesday evening ,quite heavy,but by thusday morning it had gone. not much to write home about but have had a sighting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.