What's it worth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi after help in identifying my rotavator/tiller I’m wondering how much it would be worth. It’s a GD Mountfield from the 1960’s with a kirby lausen engine. I no it has a spark but I don’t no enough about engines to try and get it going.
    So what do you guys reckon it would be worth as a non runner.

charlie
    Keymaster

It is very difficult to estimate a value especially when machine is a non runner. Have you had a look at e bay to see what similar machines make on there, this is a good guide. Note photo file is too large and needs reducing to 3072KB or less, there is a guide on how to do this in the help and information section of the forum.

wristpin
    Participant

As a non running cultivator – not a lot but as the missing link in a collection , a bit more. Not very helpful but it all boils down to what someone is prepared to pay on the day. To be correct it is a Kirby Lauson, not Lausen. They were an Australian built version of a Lauson / Tecumseh engine and Mountfield fitted them to cultivators and rotary mowers in the 1950s. I don’t know for sure but I suspect that coming from a Commonwealth country they attracted less import duty than the USA made products.
    It shouldn’t be too much of an issue to get it running as it shares ignition components with more common Tecumseh and Aspera engines.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.