Update on my Simar 35

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Update on my Simar 35

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    rollomk6
    Participant

Evening all
    Just thought I would put some pictures of My Simar 35 Rototiller after completing a Engine rebuild It now starts first pull and plays sweet music to me and my Neighbours Ha Ha It was a lovely sunny day here so put a coat of owatroil preserver on it and it looks good so here are some pictures

Attachments:
    rollomk6
    Participant

Hi some more pictures from todays work

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Looking very good.

andyfrost
    Participant

Superb , just how I like to see a machine , lovely original look.

Andy.

roatavator
    Participant

Really nice. I really must take an oily rag to mine!
    She’s been sitting inaccessible behind other machines under cover, for over 18 months. Shame on me!

hdtrust
    Participant

Dear Andy
    With best respect, that is certainly not original condition, would you buy a car with paint missing brand new from a showroom!
    More like working condition but admittedly very nice!
    I suspect all the neighbours had interference on their radios!

john-e-w
    Participant

I must admit I’m not familiar with these machines – what is the cooking pot on the top of the petrol tank?

John E-W

charlie
    Keymaster

John, the ‘cooking pot’ on top of fuel tank is an oil bath air filter. Additional air filtering is provided by oil soaked wood shavings (the long thin ones used as packing material) in the inlet tube. These machines originate from Switzerland and are built to a very high standard. Geo Monro sold the earlier models and in 1948 started producing the model 56 under licence, they went on to produce the smaller model 35.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.