Trusty Cobra Sprayer

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Trusty Cobra Sprayer

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    trusty220
    Keymaster

I scanned Steve Woollas’s perspex cover, opened it in Photoshop and increased the size. I then drew around all of the relevant lines in white using the pencil tool (it took hours!), then filled in the background in black using the bucket tool.

I just hope the engraver can use it now!

trusty220
    Keymaster

I blame Covid, but it’s taken some time for the engraver to get around to doing it. Now that it’s done I’m over the moon with the results- you can see from the comparison photo’s how well it’s come out.

I’ll give you a clue- the pin-sharp one with white lettering is the new one!

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Very impressive, like new.

trusty220
    Keymaster

That’s because it is new!

halfa
    Participant

Brilliant job !

trusty220
    Keymaster

I finally got around to finishing the pump off and to say I’m pleased with the result would be understating it. I haven’t filled the case with oil yet as I don’t want the perspex window to be discoloured, I’d rather it was transparent so you can see all of the brass con-rods and polished steel crankshaft inside; it really is a work of art, so why would you want to cover it up?

Anyway, enjoy the photo’s!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by trusty220.
    Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Very smart, like new, which of course the cover is. Well worth the time and expense.

trusty220
    Keymaster

Thanks, Charlie! It’s too much to expect all of my projects to finish with a nett cost of £35, but then all hobbies involve spending money!

halfa
    Participant

Lovely, I’d have it in the house on display!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.