To paint or not to paint

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines To paint or not to paint

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    moggyjim
    Participant

Hi Guys i am in the middle of refurbishing a merry tiller the engine is now in paint but the rest of the machine looks tatty The paint looks more like a howard colour than a wholsely red.Do i leave it as is paint it post office red or howard orange and then its hunt the decals, any thoughts..

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Red I have been told is one of the worst colours for fading, what is the colour like on the underside where it has not been exposed to the sunlight?

moggyjim
    Participant

looks like post box red if i am going to paint i would love some decals but the ones on fleabay do not cover this model??

trusty220
    Keymaster

I tend to try to preserve paintwork if you can see a lot of it- especially things like original decals- as it can be a reference aid in years to come. A general deep clean then run over with an oily rag can look just as good as it shows the age of something.

If there isn’t much of the paint left then I always end up putting on new paint to improve it’s looks.

Either way I’m sure that you’ll do a good job. Best of luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.