Thiel Auto Shears

Home Forums General Help and information Thiel Auto Shears

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alk290158
    Participant

I have got one of the above machines (Thiel Auto Taskmaster 120watt .57amps 240volts & type ref no: 65/48A144) I would like any type of information on this machine. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

wristpin
    Participant

I saw this strange device being demonstrated by its enthusiastic inventor at the Windsor IOG / Saltex show in 1981. I think probably best summed up as “a good idea at the time – maybe”?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mt4u61k440vnxo/Thiel%20Autoshear0001.pdf?dl=0

EDIT
    Would seem that the company / product didn’t last long.

In the Exeter County Court No. 19 of 1984 In the Matter of THIEL AUTOSHEARS LIMITED and in the Matter of the Companies Act 1948 A Petition to wind up the above-named Company presented on 28th November 1984 by the Company whose registered office is situate at Mouse Hall, Newton Poppleford, near Sidmouth, Devon, will be heard by Exeter County Court at The Castle, Exeter, on Friday, llth January 1985, at 10.30 a.m. Any Creditor or Contributory wishing to oppose or support must ensure that written notice reaches the undersigned by 1600 hours on Thursday, 10th January 1985. A copy of the Petition will be supplied by the undersigned on payment of the prescribed charge. Sargent and Probert, 6 Barnfield Crescent, Exeter, Devon EX1 1RG, Solicitors for the Petitionii Company. (29

alk290158
    Participant

Thanks wristpin for your reply, it looks like it will be easier to get an air filter & exhaust for my Jap 2a engine .!!!!!!!!

charlie
    Keymaster

That is amazing that one has survived, well worth preserving. I wonder who patented it?
    Would make a good subject for an article in The Cultivator.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.