simar idenification

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines simar idenification

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

just got a Simar, according to the plate it is a model 56A serial no 560101 am I right in thinking that the “A” designates a machine with reverse? Will the serial no enable someone to date this for me? I would like to know where it was dispatched to from new, I was told it spent its entire life on one smallholding, I have the original operating manual, does anyone know if a Workshop manual or book of spares is available? Plonker

charlie
    Keymaster

As far as I know all model 56 had reverse and I have not heard the theory that is what the A indicated. Serial number 560101 was delivered on 24-1-1949 to P Harsham, Coddington, Ledbury, Herefordshire.
    The 56 is 8hp, 2 speeds which are selected via pins in road wheel hub, the long pin is inserted on left for low and right for high gear.
    I have operators manual and spares list which I can e mail if you send me a pm with your e mail address. I have never seen a workshop manual for these machines. Original engineering drawings are at MERL, Reading, drawing number is usually same as part number.
    Petrol/oil mix is 6% and gearbox oil should be straight 140, I use Morris Oils AG140.

charlie
    Keymaster

Plenty of information and photos on this website it is French but can be easily translated if using google as your web browser, just use right click button on mouse.

vhgmcbuddy

Thank you so much for that Charlie, I shall pm you my email address, I do have an original operator Manual but not a list of spares, I got the idea of the 56 “A” meaning reverse from Brian Bell,s Book, If not Reverse , then it must mean something! Regards Plonker

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.