simar 56 plough Instructions

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines simar 56 plough Instructions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I have just bought a plough and it,s Hitch for the Simar 56, Does anyone know of any fitting /user instructions that were originally supplied with it? Regards Plonker

charlie
    Keymaster

To fit hitch and plough:-
    Remover miller complete.
    Fit wheels with pneumatic tyres
    Fit plate for front of hitch under engine
    Attach hitch at rear using same fixings as miller, hole in long tube under gearbox fits over pin on plate under engine and is secured with a large washer and split pin.
    Slide plough into hitch and fix with pin and nut and bolt.
    Photos show plough and hitch separetley and attached, note plate that fits under engine is not shown.

charlie
    Keymaster

Hitch

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

plough

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

hitch and plough attached

Attachments:
    roatavator
    Participant

Hi Plonker
    Not sure if this is any help but I did this walk round of mine for someone else. Not actually sure if my plough is a standard one or like yours.

vhgmcbuddy

Many thanks to Charlie and Rotavator, for that, Yes my plough is the same as the one shown( Except mine seems a lot rougher!) have not picked it up yet but it seems all complete, Managed to find a couple of rims for the pneumatics on that well known site a couple of months ago, so looking forward to getting it all together this summer. Regards Plonker

charlie
    Keymaster

Make sure you have the plate that attaches under engine.

roatavator
    Participant

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Ploughing gets a bit addictive! Let me know if you need more detailed photos of mine to help installation and I’ll gladly take some. Peter

roatavator
    Participant

Here’s a few which might help

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Thank you both , once again, very instructive,Charlie mentions the plate that goes under the engine for the forward part of the hitch to attach to, I don’t know if that part is present on the one I have bought, If you get a chance to photograph the plate in question, that would be much appreciated. Regards Plonker

roatavator
    Participant

I can’t photograph underneath where she stands in the shed. I’ll get her out over the next few days and do it. Possibly tomorrow, if not end of the week. Peter

roatavator
    Participant

Here’s the best I can do grovelling underneath. Hope they’re adequate for you to get the picture. If you need anything more detailed let me know and I’ll see what I can do. Peter

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

That plate looks different to the one fitted to my machine. I will see if I can get a photo or two of the one on mine. I do have drawings for one on the pc but they are in a format I can no longer open.

vhgmcbuddy

Again, Many thanks to you both for taking the trouble to crawl about giving me so much useful information, If my plate is missing, It should be simple to fabricate one out of 3/8″ plate, at least I know where to look! Thanks again Plonker

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.