Simar 35c

Home Forums General Help and information Simar 35c

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I need a spark plug !can somebody help with the size!many thanks

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Is it a 14mm or 18mm plug?

rollomk6
    Participant

Hi There My Three Simars are all 18 mm. Champion no8 com was a very popular plug at the time you should be to get an alternative try the green spark plug company they might have something

vhgmcbuddy

There is not a lot of information on them either?where they not popular?are parts still available?many thanks

charlie
    Keymaster

I use NGK A6 or Champion D16 or similar spark plugs. I have owners manual and parts list available as pdf files. I am also custodian of the factory records and can date machine from serial number 35????. Parts are not available although it may be possible to find some secondhand parts from machines broken for parts. Bearings and seals maybe obtainable from good suppliers. Do you need any specific parts?
    Some of the original engineering drawings are held in the archives at Museum of English Rural Life (MERL) Reading. I have been helping catalogue them, until Covid19 put a stop to visiting the museum.

vhgmcbuddy

That’s great👍I have merry tillers!i brought this one because was cheap£40? & I like older machinery,it runs & I’ll keep it,what would it’s value be?many thanks

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

A date would be lovely,nice to learn machinery history👍

charlie
    Keymaster

Machine s/n 350510 was despatched on 30-6-53 and delivered on 9-9-53 to Thornhill Nursery, Hinderwell, Yorkshire.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.