Shay BUX engines.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  charlie 3 hours, 55 minutes ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wristpin
    Participant

What can anyone tell me ?
    Were BUX an independent manufacturer and, if so , what other machines were they used in; or was BUX just the name of an in-house made engine ?
    Could ask a similar question re Ransomes and Drayton!

charlie
    Keymaster

Interesting question.

andyfrost
    Participant

Angus , I’m only guessing that they were an in house made engine , based purely on the fact that I have never seen them fitted to any other form of machinery , like many others they sourced in the ignition and carbs.
    Nice little engines when running , but the Miller ignitions were troublesome.

Andy

wristpin
    Participant

I think, in- house too. My parents had a new Rotoscythe in 1952 and I was deemed old enough to use it. I well remember that turbine like sound – and also the burn on the wrist from the exhaust, acquired when reaching over the machine to the height adjuster knob rather than walking around the front.

charlie
    Keymaster

Are there any patent numbers on the engine? The original Rotoscythe was made by Power Specialities of Maidenhead. Looking on the patents website might give a clue or answer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.