Rowtrac 5 information please.

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Rowtrac 5 information please.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi all, I have this nice bit of machinery, please see attached photos. I don’t know anything about farming equipment, except that the engine runs on this one. Can I please have your comments on the following points, 1, are these rare?, 2, is it worth any money-how much?, 3, does anyone want to buy it?, 4, should I donate it to a museum? I do have a gentleman I the north interested in it, but he hasn’t got back to me yet. I can’t transport it as it’s too big, thankyou, Paul. I’m in gravesend, Kent.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

sorry, the post was for information about this rowtrac 5 with ploughing attachment, Your opinions please, what is it worth, does anyone want to buy it? The engine runs. I’m located in Gravesend. Thank you.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

They are not common and I know there are several within the club. These machines are generally only of interest to collectors and do not fetch huge amounts, which is good for collectors not so good for sellers. From the photographs yours appears to be a good example and has the added bonus of running. If you want to sell it please send details via the contact form and we can advertise it our club magazine, we do not have adverts on the website.
    Alternatively you could try an online auction site that will give you a greater audience.
    The Rowtrac was made by Geo Monro of Waltham Cross from the early 1930’s, and the Rowtrac 5 was introduced in 1946. It has a 3.5hp two stroke Villiers engine, this was increased to 5hp in 1951.
    I have access to some of the factory records and can date machines from the machine serial number.

vhgmcbuddy

Thank you for the information Charlie. Regards, Paul.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.