rotavator recognition

Home Forums General Help and information rotavator recognition

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi.
    As a newbe to the forum I have just purchased an abandoned rotavator of unknown make and age to keep me occupied with the restoration over the winter ready for the next season and to compliment my Howard 220. The previous owner passed away and the smallholding was cleared, none of the remaining family know anything about it. Its built like a tank and as far as I can see after a gallon of penetrating oil everything turns over. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

Looks like the engine is a Mk25 Villiers – the ID plate is still in place for confirmation – so that shouldn’t present any insuperable issues.
    As for the make – over to someone else !

charlie
    Keymaster

I believe it could be a Farmers Boy, see my post about same machine at https://vhgmc.co.uk/forums/topic/unidentified-rotavator/
    Another possibility which I have not had confirmed is Emery.

vhgmcbuddy

Looking through some old magazines of Agricultural shows at Warwick, I’m pretty certain that Charlie is right with the Farmers Boy thought. The pictures show it to be a Farmers Boy Major and of the 4 machines on show, two had different handles for different work. I thought at first that belt and chain guards were missing but I can’t see any attachment points on mine and there are none in the pictures of any on the 4 machines. Perhaps other owners may have details of attachments, plough, trailer etc and would care to share info, (perhaps a section already exists within the Club). Thanks for the replies.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.