Rings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    rotevat
    Participant

I’m presently working on a Briggs Stratton 3 HP horizontal crank engine.There seems noticeable bore / piston wear. Do replacement rings Côme in standard size only or oversize ones available ?

will-haggle
    Participant

In the instructions it advises honing the bore.

wristpin
    Participant

To give an accurate and informed answer we need the Model, Type and Code numbers from the engine. Usually stamped into the blower housing / cowling.

rotevat
    Participant

Model : 80201
    Type : 1633-01
    Code : 82102501

Also going by the model number was the date of manufacture 1982 ?

wristpin
    Participant

Yes, 25th, October 1982.
    80200- 80299, 1619-1891
    These are the part numbers but I don’t know about availability for all of them.
    Chrome rings, std for worn bores within spec in the manual. 297201
    STD rings 294232- available.
    +10 oversize 294224
    +20 294225
    +30 294226
    If I can work out how to send a private message, I will give you some info that may be useful.
    Edit . Message sent

rotevat
    Participant

Cheers for the info. Struggling a bit with the PM thing ?

wristpin
    Participant

Definitely says “sent” , would have expected you to have received an email Notification. Try clicking on your username or avatar, activity and then contact, messages or notification or something similar.

rotevat
    Participant

I think its an issue with my membership.
    Im on a 12 month trial membership which excludes me from membership content (can still post in forums) but then i can not upgrade to full membership either ? I have sent a “help” message to admin.

wristpin
    Participant

Standard ring set, still available, £33.95 +vat retail
    Chrome set, obsolete
    +10 obsolete
    +20 £42.15 +vat
    +30 £36 +vat

The above are for genuine BS parts , you may be able to find pattern parts cheaper.
    I can point you in the direction of a genuine standard set considerably cheaper than UK trade price but not on a public forum. If you are interested, get your private messaging sorted, or get adnin to send me your email address.

charlie
    Keymaster

Trial membership is not 12 months, it is only 30 days. Paid membership gives full access to all areas and functions of the website, plus other member benefits such as club magazine and insurance for shows.

alan
    Participant

Re: Membership

We’d always recommend just looking at the help pages for payment problems, the link is in the right side column. There’s the option to pay directly by paypal in there. Also worth trying the following link when logged into VHGMC:

Membership Registration

rotevat
    Participant

My account shows trial membership till Dec21 which must be a fault. Also I can still post on forums ? Have tried to upgrade to paid membership but but will not accept current un & password as already logged. Bit stuck at moment

rotevat
    Participant

Managed pay via help section link. Hopefully account be updated in next few days !

charlie
    Keymaster

rotevat, payment received, thank you, website membership upgraded.

rotevat
    Participant

Is it still necessary to hone bore if fitting standard rings. When I turn crank the piston Drags up oil onto the bore wall. I presume the oil scrapper ring is u/s ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.