Ransomes MG6 Drayton Diesel

Home Forums General Help and information Ransomes MG6 Drayton Diesel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi All,

I have been trying to start my newly acquired MG6 fitted with a Drayton diesel, the machine was complete dry of fuel, so have filled up and bled the system all the way to the pump, however upon start the excess fuel button would not stay out, and no fuel was being pumped out of the fuel pump to the injector, I have removed the governor assembly and found where the machine has been sat for the last 20 years the pump had been sat on top of the cam lobe and has now seized the pump,I have tried to remove the pump but cannot due to the link rod pump to governor sticking out to far to be removed from casing? Any suggestions?

Many thanks
    Josh

expeatfarmer
    Participant

Hi Josh
    Adjacent to the injector pump there is a 19mm? plug screwed into the crankase, remove this and underneath you should be able to see the coupling between the pump and the rod, it is a spring loaded ball joint which you should be able to pop off which should then let you remove the pump.
    Hope that helps.When refitting wrap a stiff wire around the rod, pull the wire up the plug hole to hold the link in place whilst you snap the joint back in.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for the reply, I have done this and the governor is out and the link rod is out, how ever the rack is stuck completely to the right and pump is seized aswell hence why rack can’t be moved?

Many thanks
    Josh

expeatfarmer
    Participant

Have you tried using a hot air gun to heat up the pump? It may free off enough to get it out.

vhgmcbuddy

That worked a treat, thank you. All back togeather and have had it running, however it will now not run without the excess fuel engaged, every time I try to reduce revs to an idle and the excess fuel clicks out the engine dies. Any ideas?

Josh

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.