Ransomes MG2 Flywheel – Remanufacture

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Ransomes MG2 Flywheel – Remanufacture

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi all,

I would like to test the waters regarding the Ransomes MG2 Flywheel.

I am aerospace design engineer by trade and run a small engineering company in the UK with several CNC machines. Although I am an MG5 owner, it has come to my attention that the MG2 flywheel is prone to failure.

Neil Jarret has kindly posted me one to inspect, and with his knowledge I am pleased to say that we have an accurate 3D CAD model and engineering technical drawing.

I am therefore proposing running a small batch of these, however, before I do so I would like to gauge the level of interest & commitment from the market place. The last thing I want is shelf full of MG2 flywheels on my hands for years to come.

So, if you are interested, then please post or comment below. I will then take your details and add you to the list to effectively ‘reserve’ one for you.

Flywheels will be manufactured from EN8 Steel and Clear Zinc Passivated.

Price: £194.95 each.

All items are manufactured in the United Kingdom.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

It would be well worth speaking to Neil again to see if he can give you any idea of what demand there would be for these.

ransomes256
    Participant

We need to get some serious commitments to order these before we could consider manufacture due to the set up costs.

If you do think you need a flywheel please do not sit back and wait for them to be available as currently it appears there is not enough demand.

ransomes256
    Participant

For all MG2 owners I have taken the plunge and this week expect delivery of some remanufactured steel flywheels. These will be available on a first come first served basis and are unlikely to be repeated.
    Neil

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.