Ransomes Crawler Collection

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Ransomes Crawler Collection

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    expeatfarmer
    Participant

Does anyone know of a museum or collector that would like to buy my collection of MG Crawlers and derivatives, 18 machines in total all bar 1 are in running order some fully restored and some as original. Included are two ITW wheeled machines, a complete sand skimmer with a lifetime of brand new old stock spares, A Whitlock WR8 loader and a Ransomes MG6 dumper. I have tried the Ipswich museum but they have no space or money. If I can sell as a collection I am open to a reasonable offer .Happy for anyone to view. As far as I know this is the only collection of each model and variant from 1936 to 1965.

silverfoxfintry
    Participant

Sorry to hear you are selling up.
    I only hope it’s not a health problem.
    Thank you for all your help with my MG5.

Iain

charlie
    Keymaster

I hope the collection does find a good home, sadly I suspect most museums are in a similar position to Ipswich with a lack of space and/or money.

vhgmcbuddy

Have you tried the Museum of English Rural Life at Reading University. They have a lot of literature on Ransomes MGs and might want to add to there there museum which has a lot of exhibit’s of various old machinery.

oddhatuk
    Participant

Sorry to hear that you are parting with your collection, I wondered if MERL would be interested as they have the Ransomes archives or the Rural Life Centre at Tilford or similiar. Perhaps Neil Jarret may know of somebody who would like your collection.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.