Pattinson grass aerator

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects Pattinson grass aerator

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    wristpin
    Participant

You may be right about the carb top, after all you are the man on the spot but I think it far more likely that either the taper on the needle is worn allowing it to rise too far or the float is distorted/damaged and consequently incorrectly positioned on the needle. Have seen floats crushed and distorted by water accumulating in the carb bowl and then freezing.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi angus nice to get some feed back on the problem. which ever way that its been playing up at least I have stopped it.

hillsider
    Participant

Although not always obvious there is if I remember correctly a groove on the needle that the clip at the top of the float locates in, to get the float to engage with this I found it best to hold the needle up into the base of the carb while gently pushing the float down until it clicks into place. Holding the needle up also makes it easier to locate the top of the needle into the top cover spigot. If this comes out or misses its target it can be another reason for the carb to flood.
    Ray.

vhgmcbuddy

With the weather not being warm and dry spraying finish is not guaranteed without extra heat,so its back to the old faithfull. this is the brush which I have applied paint to the machines for the past three years,and with the paint mixture which I buy it makes a reasonable job. both cowl and tank are getting a few coats at the moment. here is the cowl with one more coat to apply.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Over my lunch break today I came across some engine paint which when applied looks like aluminium with a laquer mixed in with it. so have applied some to the engine. not to bad a likeness,at least it gives it that fresh look and stops the aluminium oxydising.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Rain,Rain etc drives me to the shed. not a bad place to be ,I am sure we have all been there. RANT OVER ! well have the engine back together. was not such a big job once the carb was sorted. all electrics checked and cleaned plus the new on/ off switch.went the whole hog on the switch by getting the waterproof gater cover. also just remembered a new fuel line as the old one was petrol stained and brittle. Just need to get the other part of machine here to rub down etc.if this weather keeps up it may have to wait as its that big it most certainly will not fit in the workshop.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Another top notch Simar Kid restoration on its way !!

Looking good mate (thumbs up and applause)

wristpin
    Participant

One of several ex council machines that we bought at auction (ex local authority), refurbished and sold on to sports clubs etc.
    On edit- having a problem with attaching the image . Half of it being cropped and as there is no preview option no way of seeing what will be shown without submitting it. Going to try again with reduced image size but will admin please remove the second post.

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

One of several with Villiers F15 engines that we bought at auction (ex-local authority) , refurbished and sold on to sports clubs etc.

vhgmcbuddy

Angus,can you explain how this moves when not spiking turf ? I have a horrible feeling the operator has to chew himself when moving from site to site THUMBS DOWN BIG STYLE

hillsider
    Participant

Do I sense that this machine could for static display only? Unless you can aerate the arena as you parade the machine.

wristpin
    Participant

Strictly mandraulic until in work! Long time ago but I seem to remember that they roll freely on those pneumatic tyred wheels. In use,definitely for the wide open spaces!

vhgmcbuddy

I had better make sure that i have eaten well before a parade. Do not want a static display and yes to engauging the drum i may as well do some good to the land on the way around

vhgmcbuddy

A Quick Video Of The Maiden Start up

vhgmcbuddy

I think that’s got it

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.