Parts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rotevat
    Participant

Hi this my first post on this forum. Started to renovate an old Briggs Stratton 3 HP rotavator. The only visible I.d is : product no (9647327 01) and DW label. Are parts still available for these ? Also it has 2 Oil fill caps I presume engine and gearbox

charlie
    Keymaster

Welcome, Briggs & Stratton parts are available from various suppliers a good place to try is Briggsbits . Note they will only have engine parts, your rotavator was not made by Briggs & Stratton . A photo will help identify what your rotavator is.

rotevat
    Participant

Thanks for replying. Not sure how to download pics. I did a bit of research. Alloy head with eight bolts. Models 17/19/22 ? Also logo fits between 1976 to 1985. Rotavator has not been running since late 1980s I think ? One interesting thing the fuel tank, pick up and carb are in excellent condition. Not like some old motorbike tanks I’ve seen. Might be something to do with leaded petrol !

alan
    Participant

I think it’s a Flymo DM rotavator with 3hp Briggs engine. Introduced in 1978 and sold for many years.

rotevat
    Participant

Okay cheers. Looking it up found engine range (80200 to 81299). Also can be used as powered wheelbarrow if you find the parts

rotevat
    Participant

One last question will I need to add a lead substitute in the Petrol as this engine probably designed around leaded ?

charlie
    Keymaster

I was told some time ago that all B&S engines will run on unleaded, might be worth checking with B&S though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.