Norlett Beaver Powerspade

Home Forums General Help and information Norlett Beaver Powerspade

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi everyone,
    My Norlett Powerspade, owned for decades, has worn the brass/bronze gear wheel driving the rotovator blades so badly it no longer turns the blades.

I’ve taken the gearbox apart and post this message in the hope that someone can tell me how/where to get a replacement.
    Fingers tightly crossed!

ChrisS

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

My guess is that your only hope is a “ wrecker” in better condition or a new old stock item gathering dust forgotten on the top shelf of a former dealers stores.
    There were two or three similar machines under different brand names but whether or not they used the same components, I know not.
    The Norlett Power Spade became the Flymo Power Spade and at the time the part number for the gear was 515114006 and the worm 515114005.

vhgmcbuddy

Many thanks for that information. I’m searching for an engineering company who might be able to manufacture a new part with little success so I’ll take your suggestions and start afresh.

ChrisS

charlie
    Keymaster

Chris, even if you did find an engineering company to make it the cost would be very high. Have you tried Llewellin’s to see if they could make one.

vhgmcbuddy

Cheapest option would be wristpins suggestion.

A bespoke worm drive would be eye-wateringly expense.

There are many off-the-shelf worm drives available online (e.g. https://www.bearingsrus.co.uk/gears-racks/worm-wheel). May be possible to select a similar size/ratio gear combination and then have it modified to fit your machine, but would still be pricey.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.