Need help identifying my Mountfield.

Home Forums General Help and information Need help identifying my Mountfield.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi all

New member here so please bare with, a couple of weeks before lockdown I purchased a Mountfield 25 ride on lawnmower with the 7hp briggs and stratton engine. The Lawnmower has a sticker on it saying ‘Made in USA’ and was completely original, it was made in 1972 and apparently went into a barn in the late 70’s and was only pulled out 3ish months ago.
    As far as I’m aware the typical colour of these was Red however, mine is yellow (colour code FED90F according to tests)

The question i ask is are these worth anything, i have soent the oast 5 weeks stripping and rebuilding rhe engine and gearbox which were siezed and repainting the chasis but keeping the original stickers in tact. The Lawnmower as a whole is basically completely original, even the tyres are the original Carlson USA made. It has had a new Magneto coil, choke and choke cable.

If anyone could shed some light on this model I’d greatly appreciate it and any ideo of value would be amazing.

Kind regards,

Jacob

vhgmcbuddy

This is an image of the mower itself.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

And another one

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

Basically a Murray . They came in both the gold/ yellow and the Mountfield red.
    Most got robbed of their decks and given to the children to run round on. In the local collective sales they seldom make much but a dealer friend has a buyer from Poland who seems to like them.
    Pity about the repaint – originality gone for ever.

alan
    Participant

The brochures show a red and silver colour scheme as well.

Mountfield 25

wristpin
    Participant

Don’t recollect ever seeing one in red and silver but I do remember seeing one or two of those “rat trap” grass collectors – mainly abandoned at the back of owners’ sheds!. Even In the early 80s many of those riders were suffering from poor maintenance, rust and chassis fatigue. Hard driven ones on rough ground used to crack where the flat foot boards met the upstand of the engine housing – broken seat pillars too!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.