Mountfield m1 cultivator

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Mountfield m1 cultivator

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rotcart
    Participant

Good afternoon folks
    I have just started to renovate my mountfield m1 cultivator purchased new in August 1976
    The 5horse power briggs&stratton has been completely rebuilt and sounds great
    The trouble I have is the bronze drive worm gear is damaged as a result of the trust bearing and washers failing
    I have located replacement trust bearings and washers together with oil seals
    But have had no luck with the worm drive I have found what appears to be the correct part number(s1812-0862-01) can any member help in locating this part
    Hopefully Peter

charlie
    Keymaster

I suspect the only source of a worm gear will be from a scrap machine. Having one made will be extremely expensive.

rotcart
    Participant

Good morning folks
    Having trailed the Internet i have located 5 sources of the worm gear unfortunately they all guoted a very similar part number which I cannot tire up to the part numbers quoted to identifying Mountfield cultivator parts
    The numbers quoted by the suppliers are Oem worm gear parts number as 1812-0862-91 or prefixed with a S or s18122086201
    One supplier did quote it as a direct replacement but did not give the part number it replaced
    Can any member help me with this problem
    Keep safe
    Peter

wristpin
    Participant

I hope that this does not add to the confusion but I have a parts book from the early 80s and the numbers are nothing like those that you have , so I’m guessing that your machine is a much later version. If it has not been re- engined the BS Model, Type And Code Numbers will give an indication of the machines date . The Code Number indicating when the engine was made.

Forgot that I already had a scan in a dropbox file !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ea4zkfv4wfcogqm/Mountfield%20M1%20Cultivator0001.pdf?dl=0

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.