Monro Tiller Series 3 reverse lever parts

Home Forums General Help and information Monro Tiller Series 3 reverse lever parts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    steve
    Participant

Hi, I am new to the forum and hoping someone may be able to help please.
    I have a Monro Tiller Series 3 and the reverse lever let go while I was using the machine. I thought the cable had snapped and unfortunately carried on using the machine just to get the job done without reverse. When I later removed the reverse cable I realised a small, round retaining pin has dropped out of the reverse lever so that part is now missing. I can see on the lower end of the cable where it connects to the reverse lever on the side of the gearbox, the cable seems to have a swaged nipple in place to hold the connecting fork. What I dont understand is how the cable is held in place inside the clutch lever on the handlebars?
    I think the main clutch lever has the same type of cable retainer on the left handlebar, maybe I can take that one apart to see how the cable is held in place?
    Appreciate if anyone knows where I could get a new cable from, how it is held in place and how I can replace the missing lever cable end retaining pin please?

charlie
    Keymaster

The part that has got lost is a drum nipple and the cable should be soldered to it. I have bought cable parts from both Feked and Trialsbits
    Various guides on the internet showing how to solder control cables
    Replacing the entire cable on Monrotiller is a bit of a pain as they run inside handlebar and through the cast mounting piece.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.