Merry Tiller Truck.

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Merry Tiller Truck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    joegrgraham
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’m about to start work on a merry Tiller major and a selection of attachments. One of which is a merry truck chassis.
    Would anyone be able to provide a couple of photos of the underside of the truck? I need to know how the body attaches to the chassis.
    Thanks in advance,
    Joe.

moggyjim
    Participant

with a bit of luck there are pictures attached the bracket dimensions are as follows pivot brackets 4inches by 4 and a half 2 inches along the bottom and 5 inches across the angle the tube/ pivot is 1 inch diameter. the front brackets are5 inches long and 1 inch and a half wide

Attachments:
    moggyjim
    Participant

The angle iron chassis is 1 and a half by 1 and a half.Dimensions are 48 inches long 33 inches wide and the two timber runners are 4 foot long hope this helps i am rebuilding mine and possibly extending the main frame so i can sit in front instead of in the truck. Hope this helps.

Attachments:
    joegrgraham
    Participant

Thank you Jim, you’re a star. Looks fairly simple to fabricate, I’ll have to have a rummage in the metal pile.
    Just out of interest, is your chassis tubular or box section?

will-haggle
    Participant

It’s about time I put a new floor in mine!

Attachments:
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.