Merry Tiller Crank case pulley

Home Forums General Help and information Merry Tiller Crank case pulley

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    coxey1979
    Participant

My dad has asked me to source some spares for his Major but needs a new crank case pulley M777/1 and the are like rocking horse manure. I have seen on an auction site some 3″ ally aftermarket ones that are bored correctly , but the major should be pressed or turned steel. on top of that there would be the calculation for the new correct belt length.

Apart from getting a donor machine / engine any ideas where I can source one? Merry Tiller .co. uk are out of stock and merrytillerspares haven’t got any either.

Take care and stay safe, Mike

wristpin
    Participant

I have seen on an auction site some 3″ ally aftermarket ones that are bored correctly , but the major should be pressed or turned steel. on top of that there would be the calculation for the new correct belt length.

The joys of working on old kit. You need a pulley , material is probably irrelevant but the belt will need to be a bit slacker than you may imagine. If it is not there the keeper or keepers is/are essential to get the belt to release its grip on the front pulley when the clutch jockey pulley is released.
    Get the nearest pulley that you can and work from there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.