Malvern Tractor World

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Malvern Tractor World

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    trusty220
    Keymaster

Mark Woodward has confirmed today that we will be in a different place for the 2014 show. He is planning on keeping all of the club stands together in one place in the Wye Hall, which is the building at the top of the showground (nearest the Malvern Hills).
    If you went to the show this year you will remember that the top hall is laid out in four tiers- the top one had the Ford tractors laid out in it, the second one down was club displays and the third and fourth was trade stands. We will have the centre area of the second tier, from the central aisle to the one end. This is a huge area and we need as many people entering as possible to put on a good display. Our club stand will be in this central area so I’ll have to have a think about how to change it around to make it suitable- normally I put it up against a wall, but it would be better in amongst the horticultural display.
    It should be a good show, so put it in your diaries for next year and, above all, bring something to exhibit if at all possible.
    See you all there.
    Geoff

charlie
    Keymaster

Almost back to where we were when we first started exhibiting at Tractor World. Club stand shoul dhave area for members to sit and chat without blocking public access to stand and exhibits. Maybe club stand should form an enclosed area. 2005 stand below.

Attachments:
    chap
    Participant

If you want to fill the area up i am sure Brian Renolds with his tardis could do that,

trusty220
    Keymaster

Yes, but won’t he want to camp in the middle as well????

vhgmcbuddy

I cant help but say this it has been bothering me for nearly three years now .
    But on my first trip to the Malvern Tractor show i went up to the VHGMC stand on three occassions & introduced myself to the group & on all three of these occassions i was totally ignored & was left standing at the stand like a
    spare p at a wedding , It was made clear that my face didnt really fit in the group.
    This also happened again at the isleport vintage gathering in Highbridge Somerset a couple of years ago . Hopefully this doesnt happen to all people that introduce themselves.

May i just say, that if anyone that makes the effort to introduce themselves would it be possible for them to be made to feel welcome .

There now ,i have got it off my chest but this has really bugged me for three years now

trusty220
    Keymaster

If you come and see us this year we will make sure that you don’t get ignored. Come and see me for a chat if you feel that you were hard done by, or you can give me a ring at any time.
    Above all, these shows should be a good experience for the exhibitor so let’s see if we can put this right for you.
    We want the 2014 show to be better than all the previous ones but it can only be so if you, the members, support it in numbers. If you have never been to it before it really is worth attending, especially for the auction on the Saturday. Besides, there’s nothing else going on that weekend so why not come down?

vhgmcbuddy

Thank you Geoff for the reply & the offer, but sadly i promised myself i wouldnt be insulted again , my comment was really to bring to VHGMC`s attention that if you are going to put on a display at this show or any other show & people show interest in what that are doing whether it be a member of the public or a potential club member ,please do not ignore them . Just because i had a bad experience doesnt mean anyone else should experience the same .
    The Malvern Tractor show is a great show & the first major show of the year & VHGMC allways put on a good display of vintage machinery & is well worth a visit .

will-haggle
    Participant

I could bring a few more sprayers to add to my Spraymobile….

Sorry to read of your negative experience, Neil, I’ve always had a great welcome on the club stand. Here’s Steve the Club Shopkeeper making friends with my two Borzoi hounds!

Attachments:
    trusty220
    Keymaster

Don’t be fooled, he’s only seeing if there’s any meat on them. Luckily for you he judged them a little on the skinny side!

stevewoollas
    Participant

The two dogs in the picture were being measured for VHGMC dog collars and coats as they were feeling a little underdressed next to all the livered clothing. They are two members who are always welcome at the club stand.
    Note our Chairs comments. Is that why his pork pies have a distinctive flavour?

trusty220
    Keymaster

Alan- If you are going to bring a few more sprayers it may be best to get them booked in with Mark Woodward so that you have an exhibit number. The more the merrier, I say, so keep them coming.

Steve- I wondered where the rest of my pork pie had gone to. Alan’s dogs are always welcome on the stand, but it looks like I’m going to have to put my pork pie on a higher table in future so that you can’t reach it!

vhgmcbuddy

Pork pie with distinctive flavour ?? That will be the pork pie pickle as tried at Newark !!

I have entered both Multigardners plus the Versatiller plus display boards etc

will-haggle
    Participant

Cheers, Geoff, will do, BTW those pies you get from the West Midlands are now available from my pie and cheese stall on Calne market. I got a chunk of their gala pie last week! Yum!! 🙂

trusty220
    Keymaster

I’m glad that we are spreading our influence down country; I think that the Black Country people may get a little upset if you call them “West Midlanders”, though!
    For anybody wishing to enter the show, Mark’s contact details are laid out as follows:-
    Mark Woodward
    Mark Woodward Classic Events Ltd.,
    PO Box 211,
    Wigton.
    CA7 7AH
    Tel: 016974 51882
    email: woodyauto@hotmail.co.uk
    If you contact him you will find him exceedingly helpful and keen to please, so if you are undecided about this event please drop him a line and book in- you definitely won’t regret it.

vhgmcbuddy

Fully agree with our Chairman, its a damn good show !!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.