Landmaster gardenmaster 80 rotovator

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Landmaster gardenmaster 80 rotovator

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I am Trying to restore this machine and would welcome any information particularly a service or parts manual. Thanks. Tony

charlie
    Keymaster

Tony, welcome to the forum, is this like your machine?

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Yes exactly as shown on that picture.

charlie
    Keymaster

pm sent regarding getting a copy to you.

vhgmcbuddy

Many thanks to Charlie for his help with manuals. I have replaced the main bearings and seals and have got the beast to start. It does not run well I suspect because the Amal carb is flooding. I have tried to clean needle and seat but still floods. The float looks good so I gues I need to dress the needle and seat but I am unsure about how to go about that. Any ideas please ?
    Thanks
    Tony

andyfrost
    Participant

Tony , for that not much money , Villiersparts will supply a kit for you carb.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

Hello 🙂

I just picked up a garden master 80 this evening, and wondered if the manual is available in a pdf, for example?

I need to strip it completely and check it out, so as much info as possible would be great 🙂

Thanks!

Peter.

charlie
    Keymaster

Peter, if you send your e mail address to club e mail account (vhgmc@btinternet.com) I will pick it up and send copy of manual, the most useful part of the manual for a strip down is the parts list.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks very much Charlie, much appreciated! Email sent.

I got it running yesterday, but think some of the rust, despite a filter, has got its way through to the carburettor and stuffed things up.

Thread will go up shortly! 🙂

Thanks,

Peter.

vhgmcbuddy

Morning all
    I have just joined vhgmc….
    I have owned a Gardenmaster 80 for 15 years, and always managed to keep it going (More easily after fitting a fuel filter to catch the rust from the tank!). It has a JAP engine.

This year I cant get a spark. Points in good nick, plug (although unlikely) changed, awaiting a condenser in the post. However, the LT winding (connected to the condenser) of the ignition coil/magneto shorts to earth. I imagine there should be several ohms resistance?

So could anyone help me, please, with:
    – what should the resistance be?
    – If necessary, where could I get a replacement coil/ is it possible to repair?
    – Approximate static ignition timing and points gap (Flywheel has no key way)
    – Is this a JAP 80 engine?
    – Would someone be able to give me access to a manual/ parts list? (I would be fascinated to find out more about this machine, as I have been making it up as I go along!)

Many thanks in anticipation!
    Guy

charlie
    Keymaster

Guy, welcome to the forum. You say you have joined the VHGMC, do you mean you have joined the club or just the website/forum. I ask as I am membership secretary and have not seen an application from you and just want to check it has not got lost in the system.
    Regarding your enquiry, it might be better to copy it to a new topic so it will be easier to find in the future. I have information for the JAP 80 engine which I can e mail to you if you send me a personal message with your e mail address. (to send a pm click on my user id then on send private message).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.