Landmaster 85

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello to all, I’ve inherited a L/master 85 with what looks like the original Aspera engine. Engine type HTR35/ACC 11. Serial No is K11828. No 6138568. I would like to re-furbish it this Winter but I’m a novice with small engines. I’ve been scouring the web for a week trying to find Aspera/Landmaster parts. If anyone can answer the following questions for me a would appreciate it.

1. Which engine is fitted.
    2. Which parts of the engine can be replaced with modern equivalents (tecumseh etc)
    3. The engine was recently running well (but not used) now it seems to have no spark??

vhgmcbuddy

Hello Mucker

Try John Cruse at the Mower Centre 01323 842477, he may be able to help

Good luck with your restoration

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks Paul.

vhgmcbuddy

Hello Mucker.
    Be nice if you could put a photo on, I have 2 Gardenmaster 85s they have H30 Aspera engines 3 HP. Gardenmaster changed name to landmaster, your engine being H35 would be a 3 and 1/2 HP. if you look up Tecumseh engines as well might help.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for the reply Owen and the advice. I meant to photograph it today but I ended up repairing my shed roof down my allotment. (don’t want the Landmaster getting wet)!! I will post photo tomorrow evening. I’ve been looking at Tecumseh engines but couldn’t work out the matching ones with mine.

vhgmcbuddy

Hello Mucker.
    If you look up tecumseh engine on ebay theirs a Landmaster 85 with an Tecumseh engine, See if this engine resembles your engine in any way.

wristpin
    Participant

Don’t give up on your existing engine, may just be dirty points or carb – all easily fixed and nice to keep it original.

vhgmcbuddy

I had it running some time ago but I’ve not used it yet. It’s not sparking/firing at the moment so I’m hoping its nothing major. New plug tomorrow and some time to work on the rest over the weekend. Yes it would be nice to get it looking “original”. Hope fully a nice light-weight machine to use when my osteo-arthritis plays up. Compared to my Howard Bantam.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks Owen will do. Just downloaded some more manuals (pdf)

vhgmcbuddy

Hello Owen just uploading some photos of my Landmaster, taken today.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello John. Rotovator looks tidy, have you managed to get it running.

vhgmcbuddy

Nice machine, Titch did the decals for my 85 so he might be worth an ask (machinery decals website if he’s not on here)

vhgmcbuddy

Hello Owen, I got chance to look at it today. Tried a new plug. Got it to fire after putting some fuel into the spark plug hole. It fired and ran for about 3 seconds before stopping, (twice). It’s on with the next step later, possibly tomorrow, when I get the 85 into my garage.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks Paul, the machine doesn’t look in too bad a condition generally. I just hope I can get it running and do it some justice.

vhgmcbuddy

Hello John. Try giving the carb a gentle tap under the bowl, I have had trouble with mine when it’s been over wintered, I think the float needle sticks. It’s good you have a spark now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.