Landmaster 150 engine

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Landmaster 150 engine

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    charlie
    Keymaster

An enquiry has come in via the website contact link from a collector in Australia. He has a Landmaster 150 with no engine and is trying to find one.
    Does anyone know what model of engine it should have?

alan
    Participant

There’s some information that may help, it’s possibly a JAP 16H.

http://vhgmc.co.uk/forums/topic/landmaster-numbering/

alan
    Participant

Also an 1960 advert for the L150 – I assume this is the machine in question, but it doesn’t mention the engine.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Alan, many thanks for the link, I did look in galleries and found the advert but didn’t think of using search facility on forum, dohhhh.

alan
    Participant

Actually I cheated and searched the website via Google.

To search the site from the Google search bar on the Google homepage type site:vhgmc.co.uk followed by the search wanted

e.g. site:vhgmc.co.uk landmaster 150

The search includes images too and I see there’s some photos of the engine amongst them.

wristpin
    Participant

An image with better definition might answer the question but news print may never reproduce any better ?

Edit
    How about this? https://vhgmc.co.uk/forums/topic/jap-16h-landmaster-150-engine-with-161-wipac-mag/

alan
    Participant

I’ll add a closeup if I can…

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Alan, many thanks, information passed on to originator of enquiry.

vhgmcbuddy

Only just noticed this post, But there is a 150 Landmaster for sale on that auction site, It has the original engine by the look of it, it is a J.A.P. and seems to be a two stroke, the advert says that it is 4 HP I dont know what 2 stroke japs were made in that HP . At the time that machine was sold J.A.Prestwich had been sold to Villiers who carried on making them for a while, I have a 150 myself, but fitted with a later B&S engine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.