Iseki AC-2 rotavator

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Iseki AC-2 rotavator

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    wristpin
    Participant

Perhaps you need a “bigger drop” of fuel to get her several firing strokes. Try lacing the air filter element with a good dollop of fuel – in the open air and have an extinguisher handy just in case. If you then get a few firing strokes in succession you have proved the point that it’s a fuel supply issue. I’ve got a handy squeeze bottle with brass spout (Partco or Sparex from the local ag merchant) that’s just the job for such occasions.

hillsider
    Participant

I have found that some maintenance sprays are also good for proving that an engine is able to run, one that i use is marketed by Morrison’s and is around £2 a tin. See tin in attached photo not the chainsaw that is another story all of it’s own. You do have to be experiment to find sprays that work for instance WD40 does not seem to fire up.

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

Morris’s Carb Cleaner does.

stuart
    Participant

It maybe the ignition timing is out.The magneto’s stator assy (the stator is the coil,contact breakers and condensor assy located behind the flywheel) has slotted holes to enable adjustment.
    Also worth checking is the exhaust port and the exhaust itself……the engine is a 2 stroke which burns oil and eventually will block the exhaust port in the cylinder barrel and the exhaust outlet with carbon.If the gases cant escape the engine will not run.

charlie
    Keymaster

spam removed

vhgmcbuddy

Hi all, sorry for the zombie thread resurrection. Just joined mainly because I have one of these. Does any one by any chance still have the service manual on file please? I have one but the return springs on the throttle don’t work at all, so need to make sure they’re the right length / in the right order. Starts fine, but if I throttle up, I either have to choke it to stop it or poke the cable attachment downwards with a stick to reduce the revs…
    I have a couple of other vintage machines, so hopefully may be able to contribute at some point!
    Many thanks in advance,
    Milo

charlie
    Keymaster

Milo, welcome to the forum. You would be better starting a new topic rather than tag on the end of an old topic.

vhgmcbuddy

Thank you Charlie, I thought this would be a little more inconspicuous… 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.